You can block visitors so that they can't access the widget and chat with agents. There are two main ways to block a visitor / user:
- Directly from a chat: With this option, the system places a cookie on the visitor's browser to identify him. This method prevents visitors from avoiding the block with proxies or VPNs, but they might still be able to get through it on another browser.
- Adding the IP address to the Banned Visitors list: This option stops banned visitors from gaining access just through another browser, but it also doesn't prevent them from using a proxy or VPN.
- After selecting Block Visitor from the chat, you also have the choice of banning the visitor's IP address at the same time, as described in the steps below.
Blocking directly from a chat
This method prevents visitors from avoiding the block with proxies or VPNs, but they might still be able to get through it on another browser.
- From chat window, check the User Details section on the right side, on the bottom of this section, you will see a red button (Block User) as shown in below picture;
- Optional: Enter a reason in the Reason field.
- Optional: If you want to also ban the visitor's IP address, select the Also ban visitor's IP address check box.
To block a visitor / user by IP address
- To access blocking users section, go to Settings -> Blocked Users (under Setup) or simply click here.
- To add a visitor's IP to the list, click Add a new blocked user.
- Enter an IP address and a reason.
- Click Save
To remove a visitor from the blocked user list from the dashboard,
Go to Settings -> Blocked Users (under Setup) or simply click here.
Go through the list and find the visitor's name.
Click the Delete button that appears on the right side.
Click Delete on the window that appears.